Here’s how to get a verified account on Instagram. Before applying for verification, make sure your account meets the requirements.
Step 1: Meets the Requirements for Instagram.
- According to Instagram, your account should be authentic: means it must represent a real person or business.
- Unique in that there will be only one verified account under your name or brand.
- Notable, your account should represent a person or brand that is well known, highly searched, and featured in multiple news sources.
Lastly, complete, which means your account must have a bio, profile picture, at least one post, and be public.
- To set your account as public,
- open up Instagram and tap on the profile button.
- Tap on the menu bar, “Settings,” >> “Privacy,” >> “Account Privacy,” and make sure “Private Account” is toggled off. If you satisfy all the requirements, you can start applying for verification.
Step 2: Fill out the InstagramVerification Application
From your settings, >>tap on “Account” and then >> “Request Verification.” Enter in your full name, what you’re known as if you go by another name for your brand, and select a category that best describes your account.
Lastly, attach a photo of an official document to verify your identity. This can be a driver’s license, passport, or a recent utility bill. When you’re ready, tap on send. It can take up to a month for Instagram to review your application. If it gets denied, you can reapply 30 days after the initial request.